Cauliflower rice is such a staple dish when following a paleo lifestyle. This is another super easy recipe; you can add or subtract any of the ingredients to whatever is looking good during that season, or with whatever is leftover in your fridge. This particular recipe is made with pancetta and light herbs. I also did a more chunkier version.
1 TB coconut oil, olive oil, or lard
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, peeled and diced
4 oz pancetta, bacon, or pork belly, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 sprigs thyme
1 head cauliflower, washed and grated (you can use a cheese grater, or food processor).
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp turmeric
Freshly ground pepper
*AIP: Use uncured pork. Remove cayenne and butter.
1) Wash and prep all ingredients.
2) In a cast iron skillet, over medium high heat, add in diced pancetta and diced carrots. Sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
3) Add in diced onions, garlic, and thyme. Sauté until nice and caramelized, another 3 minutes.
4) Add in grated cauliflower. Sauté for another 3 minutes, or until tender.
5) Season with cayenne, turmeric, salt, and ground pepper.
6) Finish with a knob of butter.
Bon Appétit !