Next to chocolate cake, I am a huge lover of in-season fruit crumbles; particularly stone fruits. California offers some of the best stone fruits, specifically Andy's Orchard. I am so spoiled by Andy's Orchard, that I am hesitant to go anywhere else. This recipe uses 4 - 5 varieties of apricots, nectarines, peaches, and plums combined. The fruits are grown with such tender loving care, and only picked when ready. They are so sweet, there is no need to add natural sweeteners to the fruit base. I hope you are as lucky as me to source such high quality stone fruits.
Here is my Stone Fruit Crumble, and in the case of using fruits from Andy's Orchard, it is also called the Orgasm Crumble. Get ready for an orgasm in your mouth!
Stone Fruit Crumble aka Orgasm Crumble (Paleo, Gluten & Egg Free)
Adapted and inspired by Zenbelly's Peach and Cherry Cobbler
*1 lb stone fruits of choice, washed and largely diced
1 TB lemon juice
1 TB coconut flour
1/4 cup grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
2 TB flax seed
1/2 TB baking soda
1/2 tsp rosemary sea salt
1 TB vanilla extract
2 TB birch xylitol
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
1/2 tsp fleur de sel
1 pint of Vanilla Bean by Jöne's Gourmet Gelato
1) Preheat oven to 375F.
2) In a large bowl, wash and dice stone fruits of choice. Add lemon juice and coconut flour. Combine well, and set aside.
3) In another bowl, add melted butter and flax seed. Let sit for a few minutes until the flax seed "blooms." Grease an 8 x 8 dish or tarte pan.
4) In the bowl of butter and flax seed, add in bakind soda, salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and birch xylitol. Mix well.
5) Add in the almond flour and chopped pecans. Mix well.
6) Add the bowl of fruits into the dish or tarte pan. Evenly spread the crumble on top, and press down lightly. Sprinkle top with fleur de sel.
7) Bake for 15 minutes at 375F. Lower temperature to 350F, and bake for another 8 - 10 minutes.
8) When cooled down, scoop into a bowl and top off with a scoop of Paleo Vanilla Bean gelato made by yours truly.
Bon Appétit !