I am such a big fan of pesto. It's so easy to make, and tastes better than whatever you will find in a jar at the store. Try it with fish, chicken, steak, or as a dip with raw veggies.
Serves: 4 - 5
*3/4 cups pine nuts
6 garlic cloves
3 cups basil, washed, stems removed
1 - 1.5 cups olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Kosher or Sea Salt
Freshly ground Pepper
5 zucchini, washed and made into zoodles (noodles)
*2 cartons of Paleo fettuccine (I am a big fan of Cappello's Gluten Free)
*AIP: Swap out the pine nuts with 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut. Use zoodles.
1) To make zoodles by hand: Wash zucchini. Using a mandoline, carefully slice zucchini, about 1/4 inch thick. Julienne into zoodles. On a plate with a paper towel, lightly salt zoodles to drain the water, and set aside in the fridge. You can also purchase a Zoodle maker like this.
2) In a food processor, pulse garlic, basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, and olive oil.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Add more olive oil and lemon juice, if needed, or to desired consistency.
4) In a pan over medium-high heat, add in a knob of butter. Add in zoodles, and cook lightly for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. (If using Cappello's, follow instructions on box.)
5) Add in pesto to zoodles. Mix well. Serve with freshly ground pepper, and pints nuts.
Bon Appétit !